Friday, June 1, 2012

Bucket O' Tools

Yep, that's the ticket, just what a fellow needs for.....a woodturning class with Richard Raffin.  OK, OK, I admit to name-dropping.  But I'm excited about learning some new things, and I have always admired Mr. Raffin's work.  In preparation, I've been practicing a little, reading a bit, sharpening the ol' tools.......wait - I don't have a tool roll.  WhaddamIgonnado??

Never fear, the ubiquitous 5 gallon bucket comes to the rescue.  It's like duct tape, you never know when you are going to find a new use for it.  Here's my class supplies.


The bucket o' tools.  About a dozen turning tools - check.  Dust mask - check.  Face shield - check.  Turning smock ( ha!  I said "smock") - check.  Won't wear it if it's hot.  Ear protection - check.  Shop stool - check.  Hey, it's a three day course, and I'm to lazy to stand for three days.  Gotta think of the ol' back.  Each tool is housed in it's own custom made pvc sheath, as shown below.  Fancy-schmancy!  This should be a lot of fun.  I'll keep you posted, so to speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment